In the diary...
- Hatfield Rotary Club - Santa Run (08.12.2013)
- Ampthill, Barton and Flitwick 3 Clubs meeting (22.01.2014 19:30)
- District Admin and Service Projects Team Meeting (04.02.2014 19:30)
- Newport Pagnell Rotary Club - Annual Jaipur Dinner (17.02.2014 19:00)
- District Executive (19.02.2014 19:30)
- DISTRICT COUNCIL (19.03.2014 19:30)
- Watford Club - MENCAP Games (05.04.2014 10:00)
- New event (05.04.2014 18:30)
WANTED: Hospitable Rotarians
Rotary has always prided itself on its international hospitality, so please show that 1260 is no slouch in the hospitality stakes.
Rotarians from our District were wonderfully hosted inSouth Australia in January, and a larger group goes to Auckland next February,and our travellers will of course be themselves hosting when the Aussies & Kiwis return next May and June, BUT in both cases we are hosted in 3 places, so will need extra hosts to welcome the incomers, especially as we have had requests for stay in two places.
The obligation is not great - to host a delightful rotarian couple for B & B for 5 nights with a couple of evening meals. Of course, there will be a programme of visits which hosts will be welcome to take part in, and we will probably have a couple of evening meals together, and visitors are almost certain to want to join in your club meeting if it is while they are with you, but the minimum is the B & B.
We nearly have a team for another exchange to eastern Canada - the maritime provinces, which would probably be in September 2009. Do let me know if you are at all interested. These visits have no "presentation" requirements, though of course we attend local meetings, and introduce ourselves if asked.